A South Florida native, Jacobeli J. Behar graduated with honors from Florida State University in 2011 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science. After completing his studies in Tallahassee, Jacobeli returned to South Florida to attend the University of Miami School of Law, where he graduated magna cum laude.
While in law school, Jacobeli enjoyed employment opportunities with some of Miami’s most distinguished judges, such as the Honorable Judge Spencer Eig in the Eleventh Judicial Circuit Civil Division and the Honorable Judge Sandy Karlan in the Eleventh Judicial Circuit Family Division. Soon after law school, Jacobeli worked as a staff attorney with the Probate Division of the Eleventh Judicial Circuit for the Honorable Judge Maria Korvick. As an employee of the Court, Jacobeli forged strong ties to the South Florida legal community, while developing a comprehensive knowledge of the Florida Rules of Civil Procedure, The Florida Probate Code, the Florida Trust Code, and the Florida Rules of Evidence.
Now, Jacobeli focuses his practice in the highly specialized areas of Probate and Guardianship administration and litigation, as well as mental health matters.
Areas of Practice
- Probate Law
- Trust Law
- Guardianship Law
- Mental Health
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida, J.D., magna cum laude – 2014
- Dean’s Merit Scholarship Recipient – 2011 – 2014
- 2013 Burton Young Family Law Scholarship Recipient
- Litigation Skills Program, Section Honors
- The University of Miami Psychology, Public Policy & Law Journal, Author
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida, B.S. 2011 – cum laude
Professional Memberships & Associations
- Florida Bar, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, Member
- Dade County Bar Association, Member, Probate and Guardianship Committee
Speaking Engagements (non-exhaustive list)
- Judicial Panel on Guardianship Proceedings and Practice Tips, Florida Bar RPPTL Section Guardianship Seminar 2018: “Journey Through the Florida Guardianship Galaxy,” Moderator, Tampa, Florida, April, 2018
- Mock Incapacity Hearing, Florida Bar RPPTL Section Guardianship Seminar 2018: “Journey Through the Florida Guardianship Galaxy,” Moderator, Tampa, Florida, April, 2018
- Mock Appointment of Guardian Hearing, Florida Bar RPPTL Section Guardianship Seminar 2018: “Journey Through the Florida Guardianship Galaxy,” Moderator, Tampa, Florida, April, 2018
- Do I Need to be Rich to Have a Will?, Co-Author with Hung V. Nguyen, Miami Herald, South Florida Legal Guide, Jan. 8, 2018